A WORD ON ETIQUITTE DURING COVID
We would like to start this conversation with the idea of cohesion. Within the 360 Yoga family, we are all striving for the same goals — a place to practice the series that is consistent, meditative, supportive, kind, and good for everyone as a whole. In order to achieve that, we all need to play by the same set of rules, and perhaps make some small personal sacrifices in order to support the positive collective. In return, we all benefit from enjoying what we feel is the best yoga studio in Charleston, and a feeling of cohesion and community that is priceless and unique. With that in mind, we ask that you please:
- Masks: please wear a mask when entering and exiting the building, and at all times in the lobby — including after class.
- Social Distance: Maintain 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- Sign-Up: please sign up online in order to reserve a spot, and cancel or call/text if you cannot make it.
- One Class per Day Limit: Please do not sign up for more than one class per day. Space is limited in each class and this ensures that everyone has a fair chance to attend a class.
- Leaving Class Early: We ask that you commit to the whole class. Leaving early is disruptive. It greatly disturbs the energy of the class and the ability of others to stay focussed and finish strong. Please do not leave class early unless it is a very unusual circumstance.
- Stay with the Class: The meditative, group energy in class is crucial. It is what makes the Bikram and Flow series unique and powerful. Please start, progress, and end the posture upon the cues from the teacher. If you are skipping a posture, please stand or sit in stillness — don’t practice a different posture. If students are doing other variations, or rushing to the end of a posture before the cues, then the class is thrown off balance as a whole. Posture variations and timing variations are distracting to others, and destroy the mindful, deliberate flow of class. (It is fine to stretch or practice other postures before or after class.)
- Entering the Room: Please try to stay in the room for the duration of class. If you must leave, or move around to get a tissue, please do it quickly and efficiently between postures. Do not move around your space or off your mat in the middle of a posture. Also, wait to return to class between postures.
- Covid Breathing: We have eliminated all of the strong exhales through the mouth during the pandemic. Pranayama breathing is through the nose on inhales and exhales; the Sit-Up exhale is through the nose; and final breathing is eliminated for now.
- Savasana: Please practice stillness. This short period is intended to be the most peaceful moment of class. It’s a time to regroup and maintain calm, even though the body might be trying to go into fight-or-flight mode. Please do not do other exercises or stretch during Savasana. Be completely still for yourself and for your neighbors.
We are striving for a cohesive, positive and consistent experience for you at 360 Yoga every day. We want you to be able to expect a certain level of consistency with every class and every posture. We hope you find these basic rules to be what you already expect, and we are open to your comments if you have them.